Thinking about my future in the past, about high school, becoming more mature and taking responsibility it all seemed so far away but now actually living it, my future seems so real.
First, high school always seemed like the time where everything changes and that's really where you grow up. Taking seven classes at once, having different teachers and more difficult homework, I look at my little brother who is my main example of how much I've grown throughout the years, and I remember when I was him looking up to people like me. I'm organizing myself more and preparing for all my classes. My dreams are becoming my goals and I'm realizing what I need to reach my goals like going to college I have to look into different places and realize that everything counts from here on out.
Also, I have become more mature at home I'm working towards taking initiative and doing more things like my parents because I want to be prepared later. Doing chores and doing things you normally don't think about and take for granted because your parents have always done it for you is what I am practicing at home for the future.
Last, outside of school in extra curricular activities I am more responsible. For example at church I am leading a club because the other leaders graduated I have to step up and take responsibility. I have to organize and make sure everything is ready for every time we meet and I have to keep track of things that I may have not realized are going on for example I now have to know who is coming through our club and get to know them.
In conclusion, I have increased my maturity and responsibility and have taken a hold of high school and I'm growing up. When I was little all those dreams of becoming who am now are now tangible. I am becoming my future.
Hi Kiyo,
ReplyDeleteFirst, I want to say that I loved your last line, "I am becoming my future." What a great clincher!
I like the collage-y effect of your revised header, but I do want to see you in it as well ;>
I'll check back later to see if you've added anything to the header ;)
As for the COA post, you've included good ideas about the changes that take place when you reach adulthood. What I'd like to see is more development of one of those...specific detail...and "show, not tell."
Assessment score: 3
mrs s